Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Anticipation

With less than a month to go, we are definitely beginning to feel the intense anticipation of Koal’s arrival and all that will come along with it. While times can still be difficult, we are SO VERY excited to meet our little man and continue to see how God will work through and in our lives daily once He arrives.  Along with the excitement and anticipation, fear and uncertainty are familiar company as well, but we continue to have such overwhelming peace and comfort – feeling so very blessed and confident that God is good all the time, and will be glorified in and through this.  The reality is, never before has pregnancy “felt” this way – anticipation with hesitation…concern often overriding joy…a desire to let this stage last as long as possible (what pregnant woman wants being 8+ months pregnant to LAST?!?!?!?!? Ha!). We know Koal is safe where he is.  We know he is in no pain.  We know he longs for and lacks nothing.  And all that changes the minute he is born. Talk about a completely different perspective on pregnancy and the arrival of the babe.  But God gently and continuously reminds us:

“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you…” Joshua 1:9

What an amazing source of comfort and encouragement. We are SO VERY blessed.

4 Comments:

Anonymous danielle mcleod said...

hey girl that's exactly how i felt about Thurston being born. I was 22 weeks pregnant when they told us about Thurston as well... Its just so nerve racking just not knowing whats to come... But like you said you just have to have the faith that God is with you and your lil one... He will place his hand on him and whatever the outcome is... is what is meant to be... I had to stop myself a couple of time and ask what did I do allow this to happen to me and again why me... But the more I put my faith in God I had to just give it all up to him and said if I'm meant to have a special needs kid then that's what I was meant to do with my life and as you know kids are such a blessing and you will get through this and that baby will know he is so loved and that you and Children's Mercy will do everything they can to get him to where he needs to be... Lots of love and prays your way... Love the Rollon Family...

April 6, 2011 at 5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is frustrating... I just posted a comment but apparently didn't take the full three steps to make it 'stick'...
All I wanted to say is that I think Koal already feels the love you have for him and that we have for him as well. No matter what he might end up lacking physically, he will never lack for overwhelming love. God could not have chosen two better parents for him! I love you...

April 8, 2011 at 8:37 AM  
Blogger Joy@WDDCH said...

I understand those emotions from a different standpoint as one who has miscarried twice and fearing losing other babies; but that was again in a different capacity than this. I don't think anyone could fully know what it is like to be in your position unless they've actually been there. Our prayers are with you all daily!!!

April 8, 2011 at 2:02 PM  
Blogger Erin and Josh said...

Your blog has been informative and encouraging. Thanks for keeping us posted and letting us be a part of praying for this little miracle man. My sister-in-law delivered a baby at 24 weeks last year that no one said would live, and he's a happy healthy 9 month old now! It's good the doctors know what to do in a worst-case scenario, but most of them underestimate the power of God. Love you! Erin

April 14, 2011 at 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home