Thursday, June 23, 2016

Thankful




A day away from the hospital was fantastic! We were able to sleep in a bit, have a late breakfast/early lunch and hang out at the New England Aquarium for the afternoon.  Koal and I (Kerry) also went to see Finding Dory tonight.  It was a great day of rest from tests and doctors and the hospital, etc!
Koal and the penguins

Checking out the seals at the aquarium!
Tonight we're feeling so very thankful for so many things. First, I am of course thankful for a great day of fun away from the hospital. I'm thankful Koal was able to enjoy time in Boston and hoping he was able to take his mind off surgery for a bit!

I'm also thankful for our sweet family.  Auvy is being an absolute angel so far on this trip!  She's slept well, hung out for hours at a time at the hospital like a champ and had tons of fun laughing at Koal when he's goofy!  I'm so thankful that she's so easy and has be great at just going with the flow on this trip. We're SO, so thankful for Kade, Adry and Aily as well.  Man, I miss them BUNCHES! I'm thankful for technology to keep us connected - video chats, texts and emails - thankful to hear their voices and see their faces almost anytime we'd like.

We continue to be so thankful for my (Kerry's) mom and dad and their sacrifice of time and energy and willingness to stay with Kade, Adry and Aily.  I know the kids are having a blast, and hopefully Grammy Katie and Grampa John are as well, but I'm still so amazed at how wonderful they are to take time to do this for us.  WHAT A BLESSING they are!!

We are thankful also tonight for friends and family who have come beside us to help with the kids at home with my parents.  For our sweet neighbor who took the kids to the bakery to get cookies and cinnamon rolls...for Uncle Denny who spent time with them at Wonderscope...and for movies, camp, birthday parties, lake time, Fouth of July weekends and many other activities planned for the coming weeks...SO very thankful!

I'm thankful for Boston Children's Hospital...for doctors, nurses, surgeons and staff who are absolutely incredible. For our housing here at Yawkey and everything from the food, to the gift shop to the family center. We are so LUCKY to be able to have Koal cared for at a facility like this.

I'm thankful for friends and family who have sent texts and FB messages...just to check in, or let us know they're praying for us. They are such an encouragement and we are grateful for how God uses them in our lives.

We are thankful for family and friends who have financially supported us though this. You guys, y'all have blessed us SO immensely with your monetary gifts, I don't even know how to BEGIN to thank you!! The stress of how to pay for housing, travel expenses or medical costs is virtually erased because of the way we've been blessed by those of you that have given financially.  THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU.

And for those of you who have been and are praying for us. My word.  What an incredible blessing and treasure to are to us.  Your prayers are such a gift...so precious and cherished.  THANK YOU...for walking beside us though this, lifting our sweet boy up to our heavenly Father.  Not in a million years could I possibly express to you how thankful we are for you and all your prayers. You are amazing...and your prayers will help us get through this.

I could go on and on about all the things we are so very thankful for. This is the tip of the iceberg...BUT, last, and the furthest from least ever, I am so thankful for a God who holds us in the palm of His hand...for grace, peace and comfort that come only from and through Him.  For Christ's love and faithfulness, and God's sovereign plan for our lives and this journey with Koal.

"I thank my God every time I remember you"   
Philippians 1:3


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home